Thursday, June 9, 2011, 9:00PM, New York time.
I mention this because
1) He asked me to.
And 2) it will also be done on Second Life. I like to think I'm tech savvy, but I'm a little confused by the concept. But the software is on my computer and I am a quick learner.
Update: OK. I've learned a bit, thanks to a kind personalized walk-through. I bought some shoes and, er, skin. I also ditched the tie.
To just listen to the interview, this is the url for BlogTalkRadio: http://bit.ly/kaVliS.
But here's what it looks like in Second Life, which is much cooler.
Here's me chillin', thinking, "we'll never fill this barn."
And me, making sure the seat is comfortable.
See you tomorrow!
From within Second Life, you can use this url.
And if the rest makes sense, good on ya'. And no, I do not offer tech support.
Join the conversation with IRC (internet relay chat) Simple!
1. Before or during a program, connect to http://webchat.freenode.net/
2. Give yourself a name.
3. Enter #vspeak into the channel field.
4. NOTE: 'Relay Rinq' is not a person but a bridge to IRC chat.
5. While listening to a live program on BlogTalkRadio, type comments and questions into the text field. Read what others write.
6. Begin your question with 'QUESTION' so it's easy for the host to spot. and/or:
Join the Studio Audience in Second Life
1. Download a Phoenix viewer: http://www.phoenixviewer.com/downloads.php
2. Create a free account @ secondlife.com (pass on their viewer)
3. Orientation: learn to drive your avatar. Type the link into chat, select enter then double click: http://slurl.com/secondlife/Virtual%20Ability/128/128/23
4. Use SL search to find and join two groups: Virtually Speaking and Phoenix Viewer Support. Find and use the orientation at Virtual Ability Island.